These multifunctional modules are specifically designed to create reliable point-to-point, ring, bus, star and hub topologies. It allows long cable distances up to 30 km and a galvanic isolation between devices and segments.
The web server provides ProfiTrace diagnostic information extracted from all inserted modules. It even indicates the signal strength of the fibers. The fiber optic modules can be combined with repeaters and coupler modules.
ComBricks can be easily transformed to a remotely monitored fiber optic hub mixed with copper segments. The hub topology delivers an optimized delay time and live expansion.
The advanced core of the fiber optic module contains diagnostic LEDs and supports the redundancy feature. The fiber connection is utilized by 4 ST/BFOC connectors.
Fiber optic characteristics
• 2 Fiber channels
• Max. 5 km cable length (ComBricks FO-MM/XM Ring)
• Max. 30 km cable length (ComBricks FO-SM/XM Ring)
• Ring redundancy (switchable)
• Point-to-point, star and bus topologies
• 4 ST/BFOC connectors
• Multi-mode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 1310 nm
• Single-mode cable G9 / 125 (OS1) – 1310 nm
• Compatible with most other vendors in 3rd party compatibility mode
• No limit in cascading
• Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
• 9.6 kbps – 12 Mbps (auto detection)
• 51 TBit delay time per module (5 km cable)
• No address required
• 4 Networks selectable with switches
• 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
• 400 mA current consumption
• Required Head Station firmware: V1.288 and later
• Operating temperature: 0..60 °C
• Dimensions: 140 x 110 x 25 mm
• Weight: 121 g