The SIM1 is an ASIC, which functions as a Medium Attachment Unit (MAU) for PROFIBUS PA or FF. It converts Manchester coding to MBP-IS signalling and supplies power for the electronics of the complete product. This ASIC can be placed beside a DPC31, SPC42 or other Manchester encoder/decoder.
SIM1 – PA/FF MAU – PROFIBUS PA ASIC
- Package: 40 pin MLPQ
- Temperature range: -40 .. +85 °C
- PA voltage range: 9 .. 32 V
- PA current setting: Max. 50 mA
- Voltage output: 2 .. 5 V
- Oscillator/crystal frequency: 2 MHz
- Data communication interface: 3 wire (TXS, RXS, TXE), 2 wire (TXSD, RXS)
- PA current, voltage, etc. is set by hardware.
- Supported bus systems: PROFIBUS PA and Foundation Fieldbus
- Transmission speeds: 31.25 kbps (MBP-IS)