High temperature PROFIBUS DP cable for stationary applications which has been specially designed for the use in blast-furnace systems and steel mills where standard cable would give up and melt away.
High Temperature PROFIBUS DP Cable UV with Fillers
The extraordinary heat resistance (180°C) is made possible through a sheath of fluorinated ethylene propylene, or FEP (better known as Teflon® FEP from DuPont), which also features universal chemical resistance and is exceptionally flame retardant (by low smoke development). It is oil- and UV-resistant and therefore demonstrates great stability under harsh industrial conditions.
This cable complies with the PROFIBUS DP cable specifications (200 m at 1,5 Mbps or 100 m at 12 Mbps).
- Impedance: 150 ± 15 Ohm
- Loop resistance: < 110 Ohm/km
- Shield resistance: ??
- Capacitance: < 28,5 nF/km
- Attenuation: 42 dB/km (16 MHz)
- Construction: 1 x 2 x 0,64 mm (22 AWG)with fillers
- Wire type: Solid conductor
- Cable thickness: 7,2 mm
- Weight: 64 kg/km
- Sheath and wire colors: Violet and red/green
- Fast Connect (FC): No
- Minimum bending diameter: Repeated 7X ø, Single 5X ø
Environment and approvals
- Operating temperature: -50 °C (-58 °F) to +180 °C (356 °F)
- Jacket/sheath: FEP
- UL listing: No
- Halogen free: No
- Sunlight resistance: Yes
- Resistance to oil/grease: Yes
- Flame retardant: Exceptionally flame retardant (by low smoke development).