The PROFIBUS Fiber Optic module is a unique product that allows long cable distances and a galvanic isolation between devices and segments. This module is perfect suitable for point-to-point-, bus-, star- and hub topologies. Because busmonitor data is directly available in the web server, the Fiber Optic module allows technicians to optimal maintenance a PROFIBUS installation.
PROFIBUS Fiber Optic Module
The Fiber Optic modules can be placed side by side with repeater modules. Just like any other communication module, the channels are connected directly to the ProfiTrace OE core in the Head Station.
ComBricks can also easily be transformed to a fully dedicated fiber optic hub mixed with copper segments. The hub topology delivers an optimized delay time and enables live expansion. The advanced 12 Mbps core of the fiber optic module can be cascaded unlimitedly with other fiber modules. It contains diagnostic LEDs and supports the redundancy feature.
This product is UL-listed.
Fiber optic characteristics
- 2 Fiber channels
- 3 km cable length
- Point-to-point, star and bus topologies
- 4 ST/BFOC connectors
- Multimode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 850 nm
- Compatible with most other vendors in 3rd party compatibility mode
- Fiber redundancy (switchable)
- No limit in cascading
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- 9.6 kbps – 12 Mbps (auto detection)
- 51 TBit delay time per module (3 km cable)
- No address required
- Transmission speed detection: Auto detect (< 10 s detection and 50 s time out)
- Fiber optic cable delay calculation (between 2 modules, 1 direction): FO cable delay=(5e-6) ×FO cable length ×Baudrate
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- 400 mA current consumption
- Power supply: provided through backplane
- Compatible backplane units: 101-200011, 101-200012, 101-200023, 101-200024, 101-200027
- Operating temperature: 0 .. 60 °C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 115 x 100 x 25 mm (without backplane)
- Weight: 122 g
- Head station firmware: 1.279 and higher