The DP/DP coupler is the component of choice to establish communication between 2 DP class 1 masters that control their own specific network.
Siemens DP/DP Coupler
About the Siemens DP/DP coupler
It consists out of 2 DP slaves which continuously copy the output data to the input data of the other (and vice versa). The slaves have to be integrated in the configuration of the masters (every master controls 1 slave).
The outcome is a mailbox with a maximum of 244 bytes input and 244 bytes output. The networks can have different baudrates and bus parameters. The bus addresses of both slaves can be set by 2 DIP switches.
- Coupling small machines
- Linking networks with different controllers
- Coupling PROFIsafe networks to regular networks
- Migrating from old control systems to new control systems
- Quasi master-master communication
- Isolation class: IP 20
- Power and bus status monitoring via LEDs
- Connector: DB9
- 12 Mbps
- Bus address: DIP switches
- Data exchange: up to 244 bytes of input and output data
- Galvanic isolation between the DP networks
Power supply specifications
- Operating Voltage: 24 V
- Current consumption: 150 mA
- Operating temperature: 0..+60 °C
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 40 x 127 x 117 mm
- Weight: 250 g