The VPGate PROFIBUS DP to serial is a gateway/converter between PROFIBUS DP and serial/MODBUS. It enables a fast connection of any serial/MODBUS device to a PROFIBUS system at a low cost. It is designed for quick and easy integration. No additional software is needed as it can be easily configured via any PROFIBUS configuration management tool.
VPGate PROFIBUS to Serial
The VPGate is built into the system and no knowledge of coding is needed for configuration. The PROFIBUS configuration tool is easy to use by personnel.
On the PROFIBUS side it is a DP slave, and on the serial/MODBUS side master or slave. The parameters and behavior are configured simply through the GSD file in the configuration tool of the PROFIBUS master.
The VPGate is an economically attractive solution to enable integration in an existing network.
- Connection: DB9 female connector
- Protocols: PROFIBUS DP
- Features: PROFIBUS DP (DP, V0, DP V1), sync, freeze, fail-safe
- Operation mode: slave
- Speed: 9.6 Kbps – 12 Mbps (auto detection)
- Configuration method: GSD file via standardized configuration tool
- Device access: Via PROFIBUS master
- I/O Capabilities: 1 input isolated 0 – 24 V, 1 relay output
- Connection: Full Duplex RS232, Half Duplex RS-485 via PIN Connector
- Protocols: MODBUS RTU or ASCII Server / Transparent
- Operation mode: MODBUS master or slave / Transparent
- Speed: 1.2, 2.4, 4.8, 9.6, 19.2, 38.4, 57.6, 115.2 Kpbs
- Data Exchange: 7 or 8 bits
- Termination: Active for RS-485
- Function supported: MODBUS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 23
- Function supported: Transparent end-of-frame: end of frame character, known length, on timeout
Mechanical and Electrical Specifications
- Power supply: 10..30 VDC @ 1.5 W
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 120 x 100 x 23 mm
- Operating temperature: 0 .. 55 °C
- Weight: 130 g