VPGate PROFINET to serial is a PROFINET gateway that enables the exchange of real-time data between a PROFINET IO network and any equipment with a serial link. Data can easily be visualized by the user via an integrated webpage. In addition to relevant diagnostic alarms, this ensures the optimal integration of equipment in your network.
VPGate PROFINET to Serial
The VPGate allows for effective diagnosis via the integrated webpage. Here the user can access maintenance information. The gateway has an integrated switch in addition to diagnostic LEDs on the front panel.
The VPGate can easily be replaced during maintenance as no prior configuration is needed and all data is stored in the PROFINET IO.
This product is an economically attractive solution to enable integration in an existing network and is certified by PROFIBUS International.
- Connection: 2 Port / RJ-45
- Protocols: PROFINET
- Features: auto-negotiation / auto crossover / auto polarization / MRP-client
- Operation mode: IO-Device / MODBUS Server / MODBUS Gateway
- Speed: 10 / 100 Mbps
- Configuration method: GSD file via standardized configuration tool
- Device access: HTTP (integrated webpage), FTP, SNMP, v1
- I/O Capabilities: 1 input isolated 0 – 24 V, 1 relay output
- Connection: Full Duplex RS232, Half Duplex RS-485 via PIN Connector
- Protocols: MODBUS RTU or ASCII Server / Transparent
- Operation mode: MODBUS master or slave / Transparent
- Speed: 1.2, 2.4, 4.8, 9.6, 19.2, 38.4, 57.6, 115.2 Kpbs
- Data Exchange: 7 or 8 bits
- Termination: Active for RS-485
- Function supported: MODBUS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 23
- Transparent mode: end of frame character, known length, on timeout
Mechanical and Electrical Specifications
- Power supply: 24 VDC @ 1.7 W
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 120 x 100 x 23 mm
- Operating temperature: 0 .. 55 °C
- Weight: 130 g