This innovative network component is an essential element for maintaining PROFIBUS DP systems when the host system is required. The application software was previously unable to identify bus diagnostic information and act accordingly. With the ProfiHub B5+RD this information is fully available. Even the location of certain devices behind the channels of the ProfiHub is useful for identifying the topology from a host system point-of-view.
The user provides the ProfiHub with a software bus address (set slave address function). By means of the GSD file the user can configure the data that is required from the ProfiHub. The cyclical data can contain simple statistics up to complex structures identifying channel problems.
The ProfiHub B5 is a solid network component providing reliable solutions for spur lines and star-shaped structures in PROFIBUS DP networks. Furthermore, it is the first ProfiHub that has been provided with a built-in PROFIBUS DP slave for transferring diagnostic data to a host system.
This product is UL-listed.
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
- Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI
- 9.6 kbps .. 12 Mbps (auto detection)
- 1200 m segment length (depends on baudrate)
- 31 devices per channel
- Bus redundancy option
- Connectors: screw terminals and DB9
DP slave features
- DP-V0 (certification number: Z01885)
- Ident Number: 6970
- Software addressing (0 – 126)
- 32 Bytes diagnostic data
- Maximum 85 bytes input / Maximum 5 bytes output (90 bytes total)
- Live List
- Power status
- Redundant status
- Termination status
- Operating temperature: -25 … +70 °C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 167 x 113 x 33 mm
- Power supply: 12 .. 24 VDC
- Redundancy and build-in diagnostics