The ProfiHub F1 is used to convert PROFIBUS-fieldbus network signals from copper to fiber optics. It should be installed on a DIN Rail. The device can work as a ring module or in a line or point-to-point structure. If a message is received on a channel, it is electronically processed, amplified and switched to the remaining channels.
The system contains one channel with a DB9 connection and two channels for fiber optic ring ST Multimode at 1310 nanometers wavelength.
Conform to strict safety standards
The ProfiHub F1 is rugged to electrical and magnetic interferences. The potential separation of transmitter and receiver as well as ranges up to 5 km between two fiber optic systems are important performance features of the transmission with multimode fiber optics.
The system is especially suitable for applications with strict safety requirements, for instance applications in process industry, tunnel ventilation systems and railway technology.
Connected with PROCENTEC ComBricks, the ProfiHub F1 enables the unique FiberView feature for network diagnostics. This works similarly to a traffic light. If the traffic light on the device is green, everything is fine. Seeing a yellow light means the budget is still tolerable, but already below a certain system reserve. A red light means there is a serious error. The benefit of this feature is that you will get an early warning when the fiber isn’t optimal.
- High transmission capacity.
- Long distances.
- Small dimensions.
- Very little loss of signal.
- No electromagnetic interference.
- High stability of the system.
- Dimensions D × W × H: 113mm × 61mm × 115mm
- Weight: 500 grams
- Material: Stainless steel, powder-coated
- Mounting: DIN rail
- Operating temperature: ‐40° … +70° Celsius
- Storage temperature: ‐40° … +85° Celsius
- EMC: EN61000-6-2 / EN55022 Class B +A1 + A2
- Ingress Protection: IP 20
- Operating voltage: 12 … 30 VDC
- Power consumption: 5 Watts, 200 mA (24V)
- Potential separation: 500 VDC
- Failure relay contact: 25VDC (1A) / 60VDC (0,3A)